You did what you knew how to do, and when you knew better, you did better. ~ Maya Angelou

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Time is flying by as I continue to get older! I remember when it took FOREVER for Christmas to come around again. Not so much now! I am trying to remember what has happened since my last update...
Let's see:

Eli had a doctor's appt. and his numbers are not good. His creatinine (protein) level in his blood is very high and his kidney function is decreasing. Gregg has started the testing process for a transplant. He is looking good so far! The doctor said he has a 90% chance of being a match. We are going to meet with a transplant specialist from Mayo, and go from there. Eli is still working about 50 hours a week. He loves the money but I don't know how much longer he can work this hard.

Gregg and Grayson went camping up at Big Lake. We bought out the store of snack items! They go for one night and for some reason I feel like they need enough food for a week?! I know that is soooooo unlike me! ha ha They had a blast. It was freezing, of course, but they slept in the car because the wind and rain pounded all night.

Becca performed at the High School football game with a large group of girls. The cheer squad did an excellent job teaching them the cutest dances and cheers. I will get the pics up as soon as I can get them off of Carrie's camera :) I need to stop using my cell phone for pics because the quality is so poor. I am going to get right on that!

I got my haircut! I know to most of you this isn't a big deal. To me it is huge! I miss my old stylist so much! I have been determined to get to her somehow. With all the craziness of the past few months it hasn't worked out. Thank goodness Connie and Sam had a hair intervention in TJ Maxx! Connie saw a girl with cute hair and said to me "her hair is cute ask her who she goes to" I said "which one"? (There were two girls and they both had cute hair!) I looked and agreed with her. She made some more comments about me asking her and I was ignoring her :) All of a sudden the one girl said " I don't mean to listen to your conversation but we heard you and she is my stylist" (the other girl) Then we stood in the store for thirty minutes talking and laughing about my hair issues. I ended up making an appt. and she was great! I really wanted to go back to Chloe but maybe next time :(

I know I am forgetting something... I guess I will have to add it later. Thanks so much to all of you for being so great! I don't know what I would do without you.