You did what you knew how to do, and when you knew better, you did better. ~ Maya Angelou

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A Bright Light



We found out today that the transplant will take place in December... Jimmy Shreeve is donating a kidney to Eli!


The hero is the one who kindles a great light in the world, who sets up blazing torches in the dark streets of life for men to see by. The saint is the man who walks through the dark paths of the world, himself a light. -Felix Adler

Jimmy, thank you for being a light for our family... i love you. malaine

9 comments:

Sami said...

Wow, what an amazing gift! I am so happy for Eli and your entire family. What an answer to prayer. Jimmy is an Angel! :)

rossandconnierockon! said...

amazing! so, so, so glad to see a light! really so incredible when you think of how rare this opportunity is! So grateful to even know about it!

NOW, you take care of you too--PLEASE!

Dustin & Kylee Nickerson said...

Fantastic News! What a blessing Malaine! We will continue to remember Eli in our prayers. Thank you for sharing this great news!

THE SMITH FAMILY said...

YEAH!!!I am so happy!! We really miss you across the street. It is too quiet around here. We will keep praying for Eli and now Jimmy.
We had a new baby girl on the 8th of Sept. She is darling and we named her Karlee May Smith.
Oh and Charley Gane (sp?) wife past away on the 12th just thought you would want to know SJ gossip! :) Love and miss you! AMBER

Elynn said...

We are so grateful to hear the good news!!! So grateful to Jimmy and we'll keep praying for ALL of you!

The Bargo Bunch said...

You guys are the best! I am seriously blessed with the best friends a gal could ever have! I am still in shock a bit, hopefully it will wear off soon :) I hope to get better about keeping my blog updated! Thanks for all the support and the prayers... they really work! Love you all!

Anonymous said...

We are so proud of our little Jimmy. Everyone involved has truely been blessed from this experience. We are experiencing the hand of our Heavenly Father at work, right before our eyes. I am truely blessed to have a small part of this and especially happy to have been a witness to it. His will be done to all involved!!!!!

Penny said...

Jimmy is a true friend. I miss you and the fam. Hugs to you and the fam.

James Craig said...

It is so crazy looking back at it all. I still feel like it never happened. I'm sure your family is still living with the memory of that nightmare. But I am glad I could help end it. Love you all!