You did what you knew how to do, and when you knew better, you did better. ~ Maya Angelou

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Chicken Enchilada Soup


I am giving this a try today! Jana says it is soooo yummy! It's quite chilly, it should be 63 degrees today! haha brrrrrrr... love to all my Utah and Kentucky family in the SNOW!!! Eat soup!



Chicken Enchilada Soup:


2 cans (10 3/4 oz) cream of chicken soup
1 can (10 oz) enchilada sauce (green or red, red was best)
2 cups milk
3 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
...9 oz. of cooked chicken -shredded or strips- flavored in 1 package of taco seasoning
3/4 cup crushed tortilla chips
(I also like sour cream and avocado to top, really endless possibilities!)


Mix all ingredients except tortilla chips in crock pot on low all afternoon. Stir every so often. Serve individual bowls with tortilla chips on top for dinner. This tastes similar to what Chili's restaurant serves. Enjoy
(P.S. another little note: Jana also cooks this in a pot on the stove not the crock pot... I love a good simmering soup though...)

No comments: