You did what you knew how to do, and when you knew better, you did better. ~ Maya Angelou

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Eli and I just got home from another trip to Mesa. He is now giving himself injections three times a week. They are Epogen injections that stimulate red blood cell growth. His red blood cell count went down, if this does not help then he will have to have blood transfusions every month.
He is also having problems with his catheter site. His nurse had to chemically burn around the tube to prevent infection. We will have to go down again in a few weeks to have finish the procedure.
All in all he is doing well :)
Thanks to all of you that helped with Becca and Grayson while we were gone! I don't know what I would do without such amazing friends to count on!

3 comments:

rossandconnierockon! said...

I hope Eli begins to improve. Sorry to hear about the injections :( Are you able to give him the injections or is he doing it? I hope this works out well!

Dustin & Kylee Nickerson said...

Thank you for the update on Eli. Its not fair that one person has to endure so much! I hope he is on the mend and the treatments works quickly!

Missy said...

you are in my thoughts and prayers