You did what you knew how to do, and when you knew better, you did better. ~ Maya Angelou

Friday, December 12, 2008

Dialysis Anyone?


The kids called and told me a man was at the house with a delivery for Elijah Bargo. I ran home as quickly as I could to get the delivery... I walked in and about fell over! I tell the nice delivery man that he has left too much! We only have one person on dialysis and it should only be for a month. He looked at me with a nice smile shaking his head. His response was "yes, this is all yours" I gasp and barely try to respond. He told me this was one months worth of peritoneal dialysis liquid. I signed for it, then sat down to catch my breath. Eli has been in Mesa all week by himself. He had to go down to the dialysis clinic everyday from 9-3. He is a trained professional now! He informs us that only one parent is allowed in the room with him while he is dialyzing, and we have to wear masks to help prevent the spread of any infections.

3 comments:

rossandconnierockon! said...

A little warning might have been nice! Maybe you can add on again :)

Just Jana said...

Quite shocking!

Sami said...

I agree with Jana, that is SHOCKING!