You did what you knew how to do, and when you knew better, you did better. ~ Maya Angelou

Sunday, December 28, 2008




Hey Everyone! I am finally able to sit down and let you know what's new.
Becca and I went to Mesa to pick up Gregg and Eli last Thursday. We got to the hotel just as he was starting his dialysis. I had to take pictures much to his dismay :) It just fascinates me how this whole thing works. After I took these pictures I went to get us something to eat.
We had dinner and then Eli started to complain about a headache. After about an hour, he was laying down holding his head again. I took his blood pressure and it was 160. I freaked out because this is what happened before his last seizure. I called the doctor and he told me to bring him back to the hospital.
When we got to the hospital his blood pressure was 175, they admitted him again. He was out of the hospital less than 24 hours. They said he was having a "spinal" headache, from his spinal tap days earlier. They did a blood patch the next day and his headache went away. His blood pressure was still out of control and his oxygen levels were very low.
They kept him for another four days.

1 comment:

Just Jana said...

Maybe Eli will choose to be a doctor or nurse in the future since he is getting to be such a pro at all this! We hope there will be no more craziness at the hospital for a while!