You did what you knew how to do, and when you knew better, you did better. ~ Maya Angelou

Monday, January 5, 2009

I was taking out the trash one morning, when I glanced down and saw this little handprint. I stopped and looked at it, admiring what a beautiful little sight it was. (knowing that it was Becca's, she's the only one that would have hands that little)
I ran inside to get my camera hoping I could get a picture before something happened to it.(with my luck a dog was getting ready to run right through it) I just love looking at this picture, it makes me think of how lucky I am to be the mother of such amazing children.
I asked Becca about it, she said she was just walking by and knelt down and made a handprint in the snow. When she did that, I bet she didn't think anyone would be mesmerized by it. It's these little times in life when I think of all of my blessings. I hope that I can be the Mother that they deserve. They remind me every day of who I am and need to be. This world can be such a crazy and hectic place. It's life's little treasures, like a handprint in the snow that remind us why we are here.


5 comments:

Missy said...

that is so sweet. i love reflecting on my blessings as well. i'm glad our girls are friends. :o)

Just Jana said...

You are a better mom than I!!! I would have just blown right over that with the snow blower! We have WAY TOO MUCH SNOW! So I'm not in the best of moods having to
constantly shovel and drive in snow! Very very sweet little Becca!

Anonymous said...

I didn't know people would admire it, but I looked down to see a perfect little snow patch. Then I just knelt down, and put my hand down very gentle.

Tyler and Naomi said...

Malaine is this really you!!! I am so glad that I found you! I am going to add you to my blog!

Kristin Coppee said...

That's a sweet post. Made me get a little teary-eyed. Kids grow up so fast. There's something about seeing their little hands (and feet) that get me every time. You've just inspired me to want to get a photo of my daughters' little hands.